BarbaBatch V4 from Audio Ease, is a batch file conversion utility that has long been the go-to conversion software for Mac computer users. The OS X version adds additional file format support, which is already very extensive. Registered users receive the OS 9 version for those situations that require OS 9 compatibility.
The software's accurate sample-rate conversion algorithm, support for high end files like BWF, Sonic Solutions and 32-bit float files, 192kHz sampling rate support and Redbook CD image extraction, has made BarbaBatch an indispensable mastering application.
A wide range of telephony formats are supported. Dynamic compression and sample-rate conversion allows for what is generally considered "low quality" audio to still retain a high level of quality. Automated CD ripping and conversion of audio snippets (with fades applied) to multiple streaming sound formats, make it ideal for web based audio delivery.
Smooth and fast batch capabilities and extensive logging allows tens of thousands of files to be converted to multiple output formats in a single run. This makes the software a very attractive application for computer-game developers.
Note! This V4 upgrade includes both the OSX V4 version and a new OS9 V3.9 version. Version 3.9 is also a major upgrade. Owners of previous versions must be registered. The version previous to V4 was V3.1 for MacOS9.
- • Files and folders are dragged into the software's input window (data can include multiple formats.)
- • Create or use predefined settings for conversion. For each selected conversion a folder will be created and the complete input hierarchy (sub folders and all) will be recreated in the required file format.
- • Bit rate (kbits/sec) or number of bits per word, up to 64-bits can be set for each file type. Sample rates can range from 1kHz to 192kHz.
- • Channel processing is flexible. The user can mix stereo to mono or vice versa, copy just single channels left or right, create interleaved stereo from split stereo files and vice versa.
Dynamics and Gain
- • Includes a Normalizer that can be conformed to a user-set ceiling, a look-ahead, Gating algorithm with intuitive controls, and a look-ahead Peak Limiter. Perfect for boosting levels destined for small speaker use.
- • The gate and peak limiters are built to enhance speech intelligibility, but can be used on musical material as well.
- Region Extraction
- Regions from Wave files, DDP IMAGE.DAT files, and Sound Designer II files can be extracted to separate files.
Snippet Conversion and Fades
- • The software can be set up so to convert 20-seconds of audio (for instance,) from every input file, with a starting point at 15-seconds, while creating a 1-second fade-in and a 500 msec fade-out.
- • All file types that can be input to BarbaBatch, can have fade-in and fade-out functions applied.
Regions, Loops Markers, Time Stamps and Sampler Information
- • If set up to do so, the software will try to preserve as much extra information as it can from input to output.
- • It will recalculate Marker loop and region positions when regions are extracted or when sample rate is converted.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.