- Record automation into clips. Edit automation with curves. Session View automation lets you capture your performance or add movement to your loops. Use curves to make automation more musical. Live’s unique Session View makes it easy to improvise with musical ideas. In Live 9, you can now record parameter changes directly into Session View for even more flexibility. Edit automation curves with the mouse to create smooth mix transitions or radical parameter changes in your clips. In one click, create new Session View scenes from your Arrangement tracks, or drag and copy individual clips from Arrangement to Session. The automation comes with them, making it easier than ever to move from improvising to arranging and back.
- Find sounds fast. With Live’s new browser, spend less time finding sounds and more time making music. Live’s new browser puts all of your instruments and effects, samples, Packs and VST/Audio Units plug-ins in one easy-to-navigate view. Drag and drop folders into the browser from anywhere on your computer. Search as you type, navigate from the keyboard and sort items by various categories.
- Play new sounds. Live’s library includes new Instrument Racks and sounds to get you going fast. Live 9 Suite comes with more than 3000 production-ready sounds that give you the full range of vintage synthesizers, drum kits and one-shot samples, acoustic instruments and loops - all powered by Live's built-in synthesizers and effects so they can be tweaked and personalized. All sounds are organized for Live 9's new browser and work seamlessly with all common hardware controllers.
- Get your sound right. The new analog-modeled Glue Compressor and redesigned studio effects help you get a better sound in less time. Live’s new Glue Compressor, developed in collaboration with Cytomic, is modeled on a classic 80s console bus compressor, both for its great sound and also to provide musical results with a simple set of controls. Live’s studio effects - Compressor, Gate and EQ Eight - have been improved with new displays, enhanced controls and better sound, making it easier to see and hear your changes.
- Reclaim the music in your samples.... Live 9’s new tools for converting audio to MIDI give you unprecedented flexibility to extract musical ideas from your samples and build upon them. Convert your favorite drum break with the Drums-to-MIDI feature and reuse it with your own sounds. Speed up your remixing work by using Harmony-to-MIDI to get the notes and chords from the original audio stems. Or simply seed your creativity with inspiring, natural-feeling MIDI grabbed directly from the most exciting parts of your music collection.
- ...or sing the music in your head. Sketch out ideas quickly by singing (or beatboxing) into Live and converting your recording to MIDI. Your voice is the new keyboard: sing, beatbox, tap a rhythm on your desk, or play any solo instrument to capture your musical ideas as they come. Then use the Melody- or Drums-to-MIDI feature to turn your recordings into MIDI clips that you can edit and reuse with any sound.
- Edit the details. Powerful MIDI note manipulation tools and an improved editing workflow help you create new musical ideas fast.
- Max for Live is now included in Suite. Expand and extend your musical possibilities with Max for Live. Max for Live, based on Cycling 74's Max 6, is now included with Live 9 Suite. Get access to all of the 900+ devices built by the Max for Live community.
- Explore new Max for Live devices. Get 24 new instruments and effects with Max for Live - including a convolution reverb.
See the Feature comparison for the different Live Versions here ...